Reebok Debuts 90s-Inspired Power Rangers Collection
Posted on: Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021
(BOSTON) June 22, 2021 – Today Reebok unveils its first Reebok x Power Rangers collection in partnership with Hasbro. Inspired by the original Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers television series of the 90s, this full-family footwear collection pairs iconic Reebok silhouettes with five of the original Power Rangers in both performance and lifestyle silhouettes.
The characters featured in this collection include the Red Ranger, Black Ranger, Blue Ranger, Pink Ranger, Yellow Ranger and Megazord. Each of the key footwear models that represent the Power Rangers incorporate elements connecting the shoe to its corresponding Power Ranger and their Zord.
Highlights of the Reebok x Power Rangers line include:
* Zig Kinetica II Red Ranger ($140) – The Red Ranger’s impressive athleticism and powerful personality pairs perfectly with Reebok’s all-new Zig Kinetica II. The Zig Kinetica II Red Ranger also features a jagged toe box to represent the Tyrannosaurus Zord’s teeth with silver Zord accents along the midsole. Also available in Zig Dynamica for grade school and preschool.
* Nano X1 Black Ranger ($150) – This version of Reebok’s most versatile training shoe yet, the Nano X1, was inspired by the Black Ranger’s sleek look, agility and speed. The Nano X1 Black Ranger allows you to perform a wide range of physical activities in style. The shoe even features a heel tab design that references the Black Ranger’s signature 90s fashion sense. Available in adult sizing.
* Club C Legacy Blue Ranger ($120) – Rather than being at the forefront of every fight, the Blue Ranger’s power comes from within. This Club C Legacy pays homage to the Blue Power Ranger’s work through the translucent sole, which shows an important aspect of the shoe that is often shrouded by the outsole. The sneaker also includes a white collar and heel blocking to resemble the design of the Triceratops Zord’s crown. Available in adult, grade school and preschool sizing.
* Freestyle Hi Pink Ranger ($120) – Reebok’s Freestyle Hi, the first workout shoe made exclusively for women, is the perfect silhouette to represent the Pink Ranger, known for promoting individual empowerment and investing in others by teaching aerobics at her community center. The shoe also incorporates pink stripes down the front of the upper that make reference to the Pterodactyl Zord, as well as a green broken heart on the inside strap that alludes to the Pink Ranger’s relationship with the Green Ranger. Available in women’s, grade school and preschool sizing.
* Club C Yellow Ranger ($100) – The Club C, a silhouette known for its’ adaptability from the skate park to the tennis court, matches the Yellow Power Ranger’s signature versatility. In addition to Zord markings, the Club C Yellow Ranger features a wing logo on the back of the tongue as a tribute to Yellow Ranger actress Thuy Trang. Available in adult sizing.
* Question Mid Megazord ($180) – The Question Mid Megazord features a range of markings to represent the Zord, from the black and yellow logo on the tongue that resembles Zord eyes to the V-printed eyelets that emulate Zord teeth. The shoe also includes a question mark on the right toe with an M for Megazord.
Beyond unique details that relate to each character, each style incorporates a Power Coin, the Power Rangers bolt and materials inspired by the metallic Zords.
All six adult models will be packaged in shoeboxes designed to resemble different elements of the Megazord. Once assembled, these six boxes combined will create a limited edition Megazord figure akin to the television show model.
The Question Mid Megazord will be available exclusively at Reebok.com/power_rangers beginning June 29, 2021 at 10am EST. All remaining models in the Reebok x Power Rangers collection will be available at both Reebok.com/power_rangers and various additional retailers on June 29, 2021 at 10am EST.
Currently, Power Rangers is celebrating 28 continuous years on the air, making it one of the longest-running kids’ live-action series in television history, with nearly 900 episodes aired to date. Created by Haim Saban and launched in 1993 with Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers, the franchise celebrates its 28th season, “Power Rangers Dino Fury,” currently airing on Saturdays at 8 a.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon in the U.S.